Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Boy is Mine

A common comment I hear from my friends is "Mike, [your son] looks nothing like you," or he's "all Carrie."

Shane will then get up, whoop, and run around berserko like the energizer bunny on a caffeine high. He may fart, too.

Then my friend will say "But he's all you on the inside!"

There's no doubting the paternity there.

My recessive genes are floating around in Shane somewhere. He's a hybrid and it may come back out if he ever has kids.

I come from a long line of "clones."

Nana used to joke that Pop's genes "beat hers up." She said we all looked like Pop and....well, there's a strong family resemblance on Pop's side of things.


Two of the uncles figured out red facial hair is a winner. No, they're not cops or math teachers. They just didn't realize that a beard is far superior to a simple mustache! 


Here are a few more old pics. My parents have a ton of scrap books for Shane to look through one day if he's ever curious. Uncle Jim has uploaded a few jewels to Facebook (he's also the family genealogist if Shane ever shows an interest in tracking his ancestors).


We have one of the old scrapbooks at our house for some reason. It has a lot of my baby pictures. Shane's pulled it out before, but he didn't get that it was "Baby Daddy."


No comments:

Post a Comment