Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We Are

It was time to go home. Shane squirmed in my arms and reached out one last time. He looked at Pop and whined, "Bye bye IndyPopPopNanaJama!!"

Pop and I grinned. Indy, Nana, and Jama would have smiled too if they were there.

"What? Are you a collective now?" I said.

"We are Borg!" Pop laughed.

A few days later, Pop sent a quick email:

Hi Carrie.  Do you have a link for the type of basement bottom door guard that you mentioned the other day to Debbie?  I wanted to look at the kind you mentioned before putting on the one Debbie bought.  No rush.  Thanks  NanaPoppopIndyJama

Resistance is futile.

2 comments:

  1. Mike, In the McCrory household we've always been the Borg collective.... because your Grandma Evelyn couldn't remember which child she was shouting for. Tim may now be the collective known as NanaPoppopIndyJama but he used to be the collective TimKevinDennisJim. Or possibly TimMaryKevin. I was JimDennisBeth or some like variation. Unfortunately I only have TWO kids and a dog yet find myself doing the same thing sometimes. Is it inevitable to turn into your parents in some ways? It appears to be..... Love you! Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. I always love your replies, Aunt B!

      BTW, I had heard of that author you mentioned. One of my old webcomics talked about him a while back. http://penny-arcade.com/2010/03/03/the-name-of-the-wind He's on my book bucket list.

      Delete