Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Goals 2013

It's goals time again.

Summer 2013

1. Teach Summer School
2. Earn 8 Academy Credits and get my raise!
3. Yard work, Yard work, YARD WORK!
4. Have some fun adventures with Shane!

Breakdown:

Goal 1: Summer School - Two weeks before school ended I was told "It's almost 100%" that I would be needed to teach summer school. I figure that means my chances are 50/50. The last day of school, my coworker, Ellie, told me to sign up for a summer school training the next day. I went, but I've heard nothing since. If I get to work summer school: great! Extra income and a new experience. If I don't get to work summer school: it will help with achieving...

Goal 2: 8 Credits - I'm taking two 1 credit online courses and one 3 credit course at the beginning of July. I have to find time for three more credits somewhere. One of the courses I was going to take was already canceled, though. My 3 credit course nearly bit the dust, too (then I'd have been sunk). If I teach Summer School, there will be a couple of other classes I have to drop out of. Luckily, I signed up for 11 credits worth of courses figuring there would be a casualty or two.

Goal 3: Yard Work - Carrie and I hired a landscaper back in May, but he disappeared and was never heard from again. The work is only half done, and I aim to finish it. My goal is to have a nice, poison-ivy free yard that's low maintenance. I don't care if there are dandelions here and there. I do care about our produce beds. The corn is coming in nicely, but I'm pulling thistle from veggie bed every other day. Apparently, the 'mother root' is deep down and shoots up new weeds whenever I pull one out.

Goal 4: Adventures! - I need to write more Shane stories! I want to be a part of them, as well! There have been a lack of posts this weekend, because I was at Bill and Jill's wedding and then went with friends to Philadelphia for a quick day trip (it was half an hour from the wedding). I'll catch up one some back posts tomorrow and I'll back date some to spread them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment