Saturday, September 21, 2013

Genevieve and Chris' Wedding

Saturday was the day.

After months of planning and work it was time to bring it all together. 

It was time for cupcakes and costumes.

I don't know how long the actual bride and groom planned things out, but Carrie was busy!

Chris and Genevieve decided to throw a masquerade wedding. It was held in their backyard and guests were asked to come in some sort of costume. There was a pirate, a belly-dancer, a civil war reenactor, a silver man, and all sorts of other fantasy creations.

I doubt I'll ever attend another wedding like it.

Genevieve and Chris met in person at a masquerade ball in California. They'd known each other online beforehand, but that's where the magic/bond happened. 


This time, they donned cape, cowl, mask, and dress to make it official in front of friends and family. That's Chris' dad in costume behind them! It takes a different kind of guts to pull off something out of the normal like this. I can imagine that a parent or a grandparent somewhere must have arched an eyebrow when they heard the plan. It was a unique night and I'm glad we participated.


Here's a pic of Carrie and I in our costumes. Chris has a love of duct-tape like any real male and my wife thought it would be hilarious to make my suit jacket and mask out of the beloved material. I was a little scared when she held up the mask to my face in one hand and roll of duct tape in the other. There was no ribbon to tie it, and Carrie looked creative. She ended up rolling the tape to make a cord. I lost no more than a few hairs that night, but it could have been much worse!

I wish there had been more God in the wedding (the whole ceremony took less than 10 minutes), butat least I know they'll take their vows seriously. You could tell Chris suddenly got nervous when he had to put the ring on Gen's finger! I don't think you get nervous like that without realizing the commitment it entails. May they have many shared years and many shared memories together!

The rest of the night was a ball....a masquerade ball! Literally! 

It was a lot of fun talking to new people and spending time with my wife. Everyone wanted to talk to Genevieve, but Carrie was able to nab a quick pic with her good friend!


It was a ton of fun. Carrie and I were glad we got to see our friends tie the knot. We ended up leaving around 9:15ish, because Carrie's foot hurt and we're not used to being that active and social at night anymore! I'm sure the reception went on for much longer.

The night will be one to remember! Congratulations to Chris and Genevieve! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

PS - The decorative "potion" party-favors they made based off World of Warcraft were hilarious. Carrie grabbed the one marked "Bloodwine," because she's a trekkie. I saw the "Water Walking" one, decided to make it a personal Jesus reference and nabbed it. Plus, I remember using that exact potion waaaaaay back when in WoW to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment