Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pooping Out Progress

Monday night, Shane said "I need garbage trucks. I need to poop!"

Shane's getting with the program. I stuck him on the toilet and he went to work.

Ten to fifteen minutes later, he had a tiny turdlet slightly bigger than a garbanzo bean.

Carrie and I went ballistics. We hooped! We hollered! We cheered and cheered! Carrie gave Shane chocolate and I let him watch videos on Youtube with me.

Someone looking through the window would have thought my son accidentally scratched off all winning numbers on a lottery ticket. We made a huge production out of it.

Tonight, Shane tried again. He sensed bedtime was looming. I was getting ready to take him up and "I need garbage trucks! I want to poop!"

There was nothing to show for it ten minutes later, but progress is progress. Sitting on the potty and trying is the first step to a diaperless future!

No comments:

Post a Comment