Sunday, September 8, 2013

Yard update Fall 2013

I spent a large amount of my summer braving bugs and sunburns (lily-white Irish skin + red hair). I did not finish the yard to my standards, and the bugs, skunk, and groundhog ate a large haul of our crops, but I am pleased with how far the yard has come. 

I posted a bunch of pictures and left some comments on each. It gives you an idea of what our yard looks like. I'll add a few more of the side yard when I get a chance to photograph it.















The rest of this year, the goal is to maintain. I may drop some mulch in the beds, but I'll take stock of where we are and pick new goals next spring. Carrie and I have talked about adding a wire fence around our gardens and trying to make the vines grow vertical.

No comments:

Post a Comment