Friday, January 16, 2015

Daniel Visited Again

Last week, school did not close when it should have. This week, it closed when it should not have. 

It did make for a good opportunity for Daniel to visit. I texted Jessica and she wanted him out of the house! The boys immediately charged upstairs. They bounced, wrestled, and hid under the covers together.


Shane showed Daniel our new window next. Don't tell Carrie. She made the bed that morning.


When I got tired, I asked the boys if they wanted to watch an episode of Paw Patrol.

This didn't happen without some squabbling, mind you. At one point, Shane got up. Daniel immediately took his spot. Shane said, "HEY!" Daniel smiled and sat up. Shane made a move for the vacant spot and WHOMP! Daniel plopped back down on it. He chortled with glee. "HEY! That's my spot!" Shane cried. "Daddy! He's in my spot!"

"So?" I replied (I suppose I was less than sympathetic).

"It's my spot!"

"And?"

We went back and forth for a few exchanges. Shane was indignant.

"Daddy! Daniel is making me sad!"

"So sit on him."

"I can't do that!"

"Why not?"

Daniel laughed in the background the whole time.

And then Shane sat on him. 


I think Daniel was a little miffed that his game was over at first. He squawked for a few seconds and then the bright flashing lights and songs on the TV washed away all conscious thought. 

Shane is oversensitive. If things don't go his way he fusses. Daniel thinks it's funny when Shane gets worked up over something silly. I can't throw any stones, because I spent my own fair share of time as the antagonizer growing up (ask Igor). And actually, it is pretty funny! My goal is for Shane to develop a "What can I do about this?" attitude instead of a "What can you do about this while I whine?" sort of attitude. Problem solve and have fun. Life will have plenty of problems.

And a short video of the boys at play caps this off.


This only happened almost a week ago (Wednesday). Time flies when you're busy!

*note: Backdated to Friday, because I think it was post-less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment