Monday, January 26, 2015

Prepping to Move: Carrie's Journey South

Carrie and I picked up the moving truck Saturday after 1:00 PM. We spent the rest of the day (until 10:00 PM) filling it.





The next morning, we woke up slightly after six. We threw in a few last items and were on the road by 6:45 AM. Carrie drove the truck. She's more comfortable with large vehicles than I am (lots of horse trailer experience).


No one is on the road Sunday morning at 6:45 AM. The trip took approximately two hours.

We're really not moving super far away geographically. There are (scarily) people in Charlottesville who make the commute north to Northern VA. On one hand, I wanted to farther away from the economic gravity sinkhole, but it will be nice to know old friends and haunts aren't too far out of reach.

We arrived to find the townhouse in disorder. Carrie expected it to be rough, but further along than what we found. Good thing we brought our swiffer.






Shortly after we arrived, a pair of contractors arrived to work on some trim work. They parked right on the lawn!


Carrie cleaned and talked to Comcast. I unloaded.


Once Carrie and I finished what we could, we left the house to give the contractors some space. We did errands, explored, and ate a restaurant built from a re-purposed gas station. We returned to more unpacking, furniture arranging, and errands until I left around 4:00 PM. Snow and rain were on the forecast. I didn't want to drive a moving fan with half-flat tires in the dark and wet.

I made it back to NOVA and dropped off the moving truck a little before 7:00 PM. Then I drove to my parents to pick up Shane. We returned to a quieter and emptier house for bedtime around 8:40 PM.

We would never have been able to blitz through all the packing and cleaning if Nana and Pop hadn't watched Shane. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment