Friday, January 9, 2015

Snow Day!

Tuesday was the first snowfall of the year! School WASN'T cancelled! I kept thinking it should have been as I drove 20 mph under the highway limit in the right lane while the fire trucks drove past me going 18 mph under in the left lane. It wasn't a ton of snow, but conditions were just right for it to stick, ice, and cause havoc. Most drivers in our area have no clue what to do with snow. They drive like snails or like bats out of Hell. It came down all morning so visibility wasn't great either. 

Apparently, our students were so outraged they didn't get a snow day they took to twitter. Their protests trended worldwide (and some were pretty creative and funny). Of course, this new found fame fed their righteous indignation. 

"Do you think some kid in Asia really cares you had to go to school today?" I replied. 

I guess I wasn't totally supportive. It's funny how teenagers think the world revolves around them (not that I was much different). I pointed out that the bus drivers were the ones who really deserved our condolences.

The county cancelled all meetings and sports practices, so I got to go home on time for a change!

Carrie helped Shane build a snowman.


Carrie quickly discovered it was a lot more work than she remembered. The last time, she'd be a young'in. and her Dad had helped. "Wow! My Dad must have really loved me!"


Shane lost interest in the snowman concept before Frosty was finished. He dubbed Mommy's snowball Jupiter.

I tried to finish the snowman later, but Shane knocked it over. He wanted a snowlar system!


Thankfully, Daniel was ready to play about that time. Mike was out of town, so I watched the boys outside while Jessica stayed in with the baby.


The boys made tracks, snow angels, and hurled snowballs into the street.


We saw a snow-blower and ventured to the end of the circle. We tried to climb random trees when we got there.


Shane spent Wednesday with Nana and Pop and I hear he got to bounce on a snow trampoline.

Thursday was 6 degrees with a wind chill of -4 when I checked, so we stayed inside. Shane really wanted to go out again, but I didn't! His snow pants were AWOL at Nana's anyway.

Shane loved his first dose of winter this year. There's nothing like a little snow when you're a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment