Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wrestling: It Takes Time!

I got home after a dual at 11:00 clock and 11 degrees tonight. It takes time to coach!

So far, wrestling has been a much larger time commitment than I thought it would be. And there's only so much time in a day. I used to grade papers, organize, work with students, and prepare for the next day after school. Now, I go to practice. I've gotten behind on some of my grading. I try to squeeze some extra time in for work work, but there's only so much time in the day. The only time students can stay after now is on day I have a meet. Practice is cancelled, so they get to get help with math and hang out until I meet the wrestlers at 4:00 and hop on a bus.

It's work, but it's work that I've enjoyed for the most part. If the opportunity arises, I'd like to coach again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment