Monday, August 17, 2015

Breakable Toe vs Immovable Object

Saturday night, Shane had a nightmare. He cried out, "Someone! Help me!" I was awake and rushed to check on him.

Carrie was not awake and then she was. She vaulted out of bed half-asleep and rushed to the rescue. Her Mama Bear was in overdrive. Unfortunately, she smashed her middle toe into the door. The door gouged out a chunk of skin in front of her nail. Carrie gritted her teeth and went to Shane.

Once Shane was back down, we assessed the damage. I hunted downstairs for our med supplies and Carrie doctored herself up.

"You write this in your blog so Shane knows how much I love him!" Pain made her voice more intense. "I want him to know what I'd do for him!"

Carrie stayed off her foot Sunday. Today, she checked in with an urgent care. The doctor confirmed the toe was fractured. She's going to have to sit at work whenever she can.

1 comment:

  1. We are so sorry that Carrie is hurt! Hoping and praying it heals quickly.
    Love,
    Nana and Pop

    ReplyDelete