Monday, August 3, 2015

Random Memories

Sometimes, Shane surprises us with random memories. There will be a gap and we think he's forgotten about something. Then the question comes.

"Do you remember my dog, Roxy? Where is she?" Shane asked.

It can come out of the blue.

"Can we call Daniel?"

"Do you remember my friend, Bryce?"

"Where is Guneet? Is she at my old old school?"

He catches me flat footed from time to time. Roxy really surprised me on Saturday. This morning, Shane woke up and said, "I miss my race car bed." He didn't mention it for months and then boom.

"Well, this bed has a cave under it you can crawl in," I said.

"I could crawl under my race car bed, too," Shane replied.

"No, it was flat on the floor. There was no room under it."

"Oh."

Shane thought about it a moment, but that seemed to win him over. I wonder if he'll broach the subject again a couple of months from now. We went downstairs and got a PopTart for breakfast. He remembered I said he could have one yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Shane totally amazes Pop and I with his memory, too. He'll bring up things that we don't even remember. On the way down here to our house last month, Shane asked several times if Cole still had some toy with a crane thing. We weren't sure what the heck he so desperately wanted to play with again. When we stopped at Cole's house when we got to Greenville to pick up Indy Anna, Shane found the toy he'd been talking about in Kathleen's dining room. He was so excited! We brought it to our house for him to play with the days he was visiting and then we took it back to Kathleen's after he returned to Virginia. Here's a link for what the toy looks like: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Toy-Story-3-Imaginext-Tri-County-Landfill/16636587
    What a memory your son has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane should bring it home with him next time! Cole wouldn't care!

    ReplyDelete