Saturday, August 22, 2015

Caitlin's Wedding: The Festivities!

August 22, 2015, Caitlin and Alex tied the knot.


It was a lightning quick ceremony..,


...followed by a cake cutting good time.


In time-honored wedding fashion, I cherry-picked the photos with people I know in them.


Mostly Shane.


And me.

There's a very strong kilt-centric bias (Nana approved!).

We rode to the wedding with Nana, Pop, and Kacy. Shane showed off his knees for Kacy. "Look at the new skin growing [on my scrapes]!" Kacy was the Nebraska branch ambassador.


When we arrived, Shane and Cole found each other quickly.


I made them pose for a photo.


This is why I take multiple photos. I keep the sound off to avoid cluing in the trouble-makers.


Trouble is in the blood. I did the exact same thing when Uncle Shawn tried to capture the crowd.


My clan is very aware of our spawn's (and our own) attention spans and inclinations. We brought lots of entertainment for the wee ones.


Unbeknownst to us, the bride and groom were on the same page. The whole wedding last all of seven minutes!


The wedding party stormed off to the William Tell Overture as the recessional. The crowd clapped along!

Everyone cleared outside while the venue transformed and Caitlin and Alex's wedding photographer went to work.

I don't know how this picture happened.


Well, actually I do. I tried to get Shane to stand up for a picture and he went jelly-legged. I had no idea that I looked so snarky when I make smart remarks. I wonder what I said...

We socialized and tried to make friends with the only un-related kid to attend. It was largely a college and older crowd.


And I included this picture because of the unfortunate/fortunate puddle.


It was only ice (unless I want to embarrass Evelyn when she's older).

When the doors re-opened the party was on.


Cue Shane dancing.


And he didn't stop.


For hours.


His Aunt Kerry came over...


and it continued.


And it continued.


Great pictures, though. Aunt Kerry was a favorite.


The groom got a big surprise when the Clemson Tiger showed up.



Both Caitlin and Alex are alumni. 

Shane's not, but he went gaga over the tiger.


He chased him/her around the whole wedding.


I had to pull him off the tiger's tail and out of the photo-booth on more than one occasion.


Nana didn't know and wanted her own pick with Pop, Shane, and the Tiger.


I bet whoever was in the suit was happy to get out!

Nana said, "This may be the funnest wedding I've ever been to!" It was a great group.


Thank the Lord, Shane wasn't going 'traditional style.'


I got a few questions on that myself. An older lady threaten to flip my kilt and check me out, by the way (not my side of the family).

Like I said, it was a fun time!


The photo booth was another huge hit for all ages.


We all had a lot of fun. An entire group of us stormed into the booth while Nana and Pop tried it out. Now, they know what a flash mob is.


Nap time as a casualty was the one down side of an afternoon wedding. Shane let slip how tired he was with a quick power-pause.


It lasted two minutes before he discovered a monster hat. He chased every woman who would squeal and the staff, too. The DJ announced "Please don't scare the photographers!" (in humor).


We weren't in the car for 10 minutes before it was lights out.


The power nap helped Shane to stay up late. He vegged out on some Paw Patrol and TV when we got to Nana's. There were still nerf gun fights, Lego hockey, and lots of laughter yet to come (I love my family).

Congratulations again to Caitlin and Alex! May your marriage be as healthy as the ceremony that kicked it off!

2 comments:

  1. Pop and I enjoyed the wedding and your review of it so much. What an incredibly fun day! We are so thankful that you and Shane made the long trip here.
    Love,
    Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a BLAST! I was so sad to miss it. Love you guys! Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete