Sunday, April 29, 2018

Board Game Day Weekend Trip Round 2

Shane was up before 7 AM again. We shared a bed, so I noticed quickly. He kept squirming around and kicking me.


In case you're wondering, this is what it looks like when he plays Pokemon Go.


Jama, Ed, Nana, Pop, Shane, and I went as a unit to Christ Church. We met Bruce, Reina, and Bryce there!


Brycae and Shane were in the same Sunday School class and revitalized their friendship.


It's hard to believe it's been two years since we went to Christ Church with them. It's also funny to note that it was my second time to hear a sermon with a Lion King theme. Carrie watched online and immediately caught a misquote! I found her message after the service and laughed.


We hung out for a little bit greeting old friends. I still recognize a lot of people.

Jama asked to be in a picture where she got a head's up to smile before we left.


Shane spilled a cup of dirt on the couch where we congregated. He's 0 for 2 with cups so far this trip. I had him sweep up his mess and dump the dirt outside.


Bryce and Shane ran together to the cars when we left. They checked out a storm drain while the adults caught up.


Then we all went to Dairy Queen for a Sunday lunch.


John met up with us! I love spending time with family and friends! I wish the whole crew/family would have been able to gather, but that's a time passed.


Shane wanted to try an Oreo Blizzard of his own today.


Spill #3 happened as we left. John witnessed it and was highly amused. 0 - 3 for the weekend.


John, Shane, and I caravaned off to Springfield Mall. I requested a stop by an AutoZone on the way.


I just replaced the other headlamp a couple weeks ago. The other one decided to die on the way up.


Which meant I was driving around with a rejected sticker (valid for 15 days - old tires) and a car with one headlight. I had all my paperwork, but I didn't want to get pulled over so that bulb needed a quick fix.

We dropped by a different FLGS and I picked up a pair of Pokemon card packs for a reward and car entertainment.

Then we toured the mall. There's no longer a playground by the food court. John and I talked, reminisced, and played a game of Magic with some duel decks I picked up while Shane farted on my phone. The last time we'd played Magic was around 9th grade.

Security wasn't tight around the mall. It was shopping for clothes online.


I would have liked to have visited my teacher friend, Matt G, but he was moving into a new house. That gave us plenty of time to wander around. Shane played a Pokemon demo game in Target.


We stumbled across a store selling nostalgia from when John and I were young.


Shane recognized some of it.


I recognized just about everything.



Even the Pokemon.


We had a lot of fun, but we had to call it quits eventually.  There was a two-hour drive ahead of us and school in the morning. John's had a tough time of it lately, so I was happy to get a chance to see and support him.

At Shane's request, we dropped by the retirement home on our way out to say good-bye to Nana and Pop. They would be hanging around for the week before going to help with baby Aiden. I ended up watching hockey with Pop while Nana went on a Pokemon walk with Shane.

I had to call her to bring him back or we may have never gotten home.

No comments:

Post a Comment