Monday, April 2, 2018

Zoo Trip!

No school Monday! Nana, Pop, and Shane met Kathleen, Cole, Evelyn, and Tenly at the Greenville Zoo. I stayed behind to go on a morning walk with Carrie (Plus, Shane needs some time away from us....and we, him!).

There's a huge park out front. I started to get pictures sent to my phone. Shane is not afraid of heights.


He loves to climb around.


That's definitely from my side of the family (Carrie's going to take a deep breath when she finally sees these pictures).

Cole, Evelyn, and Tenley are more ground-bound. They get that from Stu's side of the family. When we were kids, the neighbors sometimes called Pop to warn him the twins were using the top of the swing-set as a balance beam or jumping out of trees onto the trampoline.


Ka bought a membership to the zoo, so that everyone got in for a great rate ($70 for a year and it got 4 adults and 4 kids in for the day plus some guest passes). 


By going first thing in the morning, they only had one family in line ahead of them to get in. They almost had the zoo to themselves!


Pop and Ka took lots of good pics. Nana's phone died after she sent me one (all that Pokemon Go playing!).


It was another beautiful spring day. Seventy degrees, sunny but not blistering, and no rain.


Carrie had work to do, but I was eager to join them!




I started to text and message, but didn't get a reply at first. Nana's phone was dead, so she didn't (couldn't) pick up when I called. I got on the road and figured I'd hear from them or meet up there.


I heard back from Ka when I was a few minutes away. The line had grown tremendously!


I had to wait about 10 minutes for her to make her way out of the zoo with Tenley. She flashed her membership and I got to hop out of line and walk right in (Honestly, there was no security. I could have acted like I had a pass and walked in without being stopped, but I play it honest).

Shane wanted to show me the big cats when we met up.


The zoo was small, but it will seem gigantic in the memories of the kids.


I took a turn pulling the wagon. 


I'm glad I got chance to walk through the last part of the zoo with everyone.


Tenley tuckered out and napped in her stroller (Neat how it could lay back into a bed!).


We all stopped at the playground again for more climbing and running around before heading out. Evelyn was worn out! She started to melt down and needed her nap.


Carrie and I went out on a grocery run when we returned home.


The Bi-Lo near Nana and Pop was going out of business. Pop said they jacked up all their prices before putting out a store-wide discount.


Didn't stop people from cleaning them out.


There were some good deals mixed in with all the bad ones. Carrie loves a good, price hunt.


Shane spent the evening at Cole's.


Stu tried to sneak in a little work during the cousin party.


The boys are old enough and play together well enough they largely entertain themselves. Cole was worn out from trying to keep up with Shane all day, though, and we had to call it a night a little earlier than planned.


I know I keep mentioning the weather, but it is awesome. I've worn flip flops all week and walked around barefoot through Ka and Stu's yard as the boys played. I'm loving it.

Bonus: These are the type of pictures I send to people off and on throughout the day (especially John, Carrie, and Patrick).


No comments:

Post a Comment