Monday, April 16, 2018

Carrie Gets Creative

It's been a creative week for Carrie. She used a hair dryer to melt the solder on the PS3, so that it could cool and reset. This actually fixed the YLOD (Yellow Light of Death). 


She got tired of hunting for our remote and decided to make it more visible.


Now it's glamorous.


Monday, I came home and found our guest bedroom totally redone.


It had been a latex dumping ground and cat hang out. Carrie took all the old foam to the dump and started a rec room conversion.


I asked, "But what about guests!?"

"We still have the aerobed and the spare mattress under Shane's bed we can move in!" Carrie answered.

Carrie had looked for her old PS2 after the PS3 broke down. I didn't realize she ordered a cheap, refurbished PS2 off Amazon when she couldn't find it.


That made me suspicious, but I didn't know quite what was up yet.

Update: Friday, I solved the mystery. A box showed up on the front porch. It was big, but it was light. The company that shipped it had an electronic/video-game themed name.

We had a parlor room scene in our front hallway. "You ordered a DDR mat didn't you?"

Carrie got quiet and looked sheepish. Then she switched to coy and cute. I was right.

"You rearranged the upstairs room, because you wanted to play DDR with Shane. You didn't want to do it downstairs and stomp on the floor over Nova."

I ruined the surprise, but I enjoyed playing detective.


Carrie and I watched a gag anime over the past week called Saiki K. The main character loved something called coffee jelly.

Carrie got interested. I challenged her and she made it.


It worked out, too!

1 comment: