Thursday, April 26, 2018

Team Picture Day

Thursday is soccer day. The coach sent out an email that it was team picture day. SOCA has taken pictures on game days in the past, so they must be trying something new. The kids all chased and tried to tackle the coaches until it was time to line up.


After each kid took a picture, they ran over to do a passing drill with Coach Jeanluc. Kids (Shane) kept straying into the background of the photo shoot, though, so Jeanluc took them over to the baseball diamond for soccer kickball. Jonah's dad and I fanned out and fielded to make it easier on Coach.


Coach Brian called the kids back when the individual shots were done.


Cell phone shots for the win.


Practice started in earnest and I noticed a baseball team filling onto the diamond behind us. I recognized one of the coaches as a wrestling parent!


His son and Shane's friend, Ryan, was running the track for a warm-up. The longer we stay in Cville the smaller it seems. Their team had a spring loaded pitching machine. It looked neat.


But back to soccer.


I took some action shots.


And some not so action shots. The coaches probably should explain a little less sometimes and just get the kids moving.


It's a learning process for the coaches, too. Best to stand back and let them coach. Maybe they'll be PE teachers one day. I used to help with kids all the time when I was younger and the experiences (good and bad) certainly helped shape my outlook/skill-set.


Shane's make-up baseball game was scheduled for 6 PM. Soccer ended at 5:30 PM, so we could have made it. I like activities, but kids need to have agency and downtime.

I asked Shane if he wanted to go to the game after soccer. He said he'd rather go home. So we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment