Thursday, April 5, 2018

I Love Spring Break

There was a sale online before we left. I punched in Nana and Pop's address and a pack of new games met us there! 

I haven't owned a Magic card since 8th grade. I have no interest in collecting, but there was a big sale on a pair of duel decks. Carrie seems to prefer card games (less setup), so I wanted to see if she liked the system. It should make for a fun game or two, at least.

I remembered the exact order of the color dots on the back of the cards after all this time. 


Yet, I can't remember the password for the Pokmeon account I made for Shane less than a month ago.

There was a Sword Art Online game in the mix. Guess which one Carrie wanted to play first?


While Carrie and I had a slow morning and gamed, the cousins and Shane hopped in a giant foam pit.


And jumped on wall-to-wall trampolines!


Except Tenley. She's still crawling.


Shane says the trampoline park at Nana's is better than Jump. Partly because they have a trapeze.


It sure looks like fun. I want to see if there's a Ninja Warrior course before I form an opinion.


Flashback to Carrie and I: We've been going on walks the past week. The longest we went was 1.6 miles. We traversed the neighborhood, school, and circled the ponds behind Nana and Pop's over a few days.


Carrie took these pictures of a mated pair of geese who made a nest. She had a keen eye for turtles in the water, too.


Flashback to Shane: Nana and Pop took the boys to the new library after bouncing around. I love libraries (Have I mentioned that before?), so I drove to meet them. Carrie stayed home and did a little work.

There was an automated sorting mechanism for book check in!


I took a quick look around the library with Nana. She's been going on about the "new library smell." It did not disappoint.


Of course, Cole and Shane were on the computers by the time I got there.


They poked around before I got there. They had the chance to check out the cat 5 cables connecting their computers to the world wide web through a glass floor tile.


I started this one. "Shane, do you think you can hop up here!"


"Nice! Can you stand on one foot?"


Carrie wrapped up her work and was ready for an outing when we returned. We went to see Ready Player One.


The rest of the day ended quietly. Shane played, we tried to escape Aincrad, and Mike Rowe explored a dirty job.


The bad news was the forecast. There's been an April snowstorm/wintry mix brewing for Saturday morning. The outlook has weakened ever since "1 to 3 inches accumulation" was predicted Tuesday, but rain and snow aren't great travel weather. Carrie and I made the decision to head home Friday and avoid the weather altogether. The cats needed to be checked on, too.

There was no need to rush out. We'd enjoy a Friday morning and head out in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment