Sunday, October 28, 2018

Last NOVA Hurrah

I missed the last board game meetup at John's library. I wanted to show up one last time before wrestling season began.

So that's exactly what Shane and I did. We went to the library....in Northern VA.


I didn't message Jama or anyone else, because it was meant to be a 'quick' trip: Games and back. I could have reminded Ken about the Game club, but I didn't message him ahead of time. I might have managed to set Shane up with a play date with Ken's kids at the library if I had. However, I wasn't sure how Carrie would be feeling after her operation. I didn't make the decision to go up until Saturday.

There weren't many people there which worked out well for John and I. He had brought his models for us to do a run through of his new game, Adeptus Titanicus.


I have no interest in paying for a miniatures game. Especially, a Games Workshop miniatures game! (They're high quality, but high price to match!).


John is absurdly creative and enjoys modeling, though. He had the materials.


I'm happy to learn and experiment with a new game system. Especially with a good friend.


It took a several hours to play through the game. We were talking, stopping, reading rules, and herding Shane as we played, so that added a chunk of time. Still, I'd play it again if it was with John. Time with a friend is time well spent.


Shane was ready to get outside and climb trees by the time the library closed. He would have gone out sooner if I wasn't waiting for John.


Note: Shane's pretty good at tree climbing. I wouldn't say he's advanced yet, but Carrie won't like these pictures when she sees them. Some car drove by and started to hit the brakes. I guess they realized I was there and moved on wondering, "Will I see something on the news later?"


We drove west to check out a game store and get Shane dinner at Burger King before heading out. It extended our time with John a little while moving us on our way out to shorten the two hour drive.


It was a pretty store. It opened up after Game Parlor shut down and we'd been gone from the area or I might have frequented it.

Carrie called while we were on the way to Burger King. She missed us and wanted to know where we were! Shane, John, and I got our food, ate, and said farewells. 

What's up with Shane's costume?

The observant reader may have noticed Shane was wearing a Wild Kratts costume in earlier photos. There was a costume parade at Sunday school this morning. The Children's Director was an inflatable Tyrannosaurus. 


We left straight from church and it's Halloween season anyway, so why not dress up?

No comments:

Post a Comment