Sunday, October 7, 2018

What's in a Weekend?

Shane has been on a paper airplane kick.


Carrie helped him experiment some with weighting.


Here was a 1 in a 1,000,000 shot!


I took Shane to TKD Saturday morning to try out his new uniform.


Little kids are flexible!


Shane and I ran off to his first soccer game right after TKD. He changed in the car. It was on the opposite side of town almost half an hour away and we barely made it!


The team looked good....minus clumping.


Positional play is a work in progress.


The kids played way better than I expected. Hayden, the boy who kept asking defenders to pass him the ball when he's goalie, was diving and blocking shots like a pro.


Iker booted in something like 5 goals on his own.


Quint had two or three. Harrison kicked the ball from midfield and scored on a fluke! I wish I had a picture of everyone's faces when it happened.


The kids played actual soccer!


I didn't have to yell directions for anyone to stop picking grass, pull up their pants, or any of that! They were into it! Shane did a great job playing up to his team's ability!


We won the game by a landslide. I was amazed at the difference between U10 and U8!


Thrilled, too! I didn't think we were going to be any sort of power team based on how practices went. I hope the victory is motivating!


The game is played with 7 kids on the field now: 4 on offense, 2 on defense, and 1 goalie. The kids on the sidelines are subbed in and out with the goal everyone plays at least half the game. There are two halves of 25 minutes each.


Random quirk: Coach Meyer says, "Good idea!" a lot. It's his way of encouraging what kids are doing even when it doesn't work out.


Everyone's been unable to practice for three weeks, so I don't know how much that factors in to the other team's performance. We've been scrimmaging at practice instead of doing skill drills to make sure the kids at least had an idea of what to do in a game. I guess it worked.


Good game to all the kids.


And a huge thanks to whoever brought the snack!


Shane and I were already out and about, so we took care of a lot of errands afterward.


I had to take some light bulbs back to Lowe's.



We hit up Costco for lunch and groceries afterward.


We were out for almost five hours before we got back to paper airplane land!



It was a busy Saturday......and then a quiet Saturday night and Sunday. I don't think we really did too much other than TV and video games! I'm backdating and didn't take pictures of anything to remind me of anything else. I hadn't planned on going out Sunday night, due to my game night with the boys (but it got cancelled). 

No comments:

Post a Comment