Saturday, October 13, 2018

Sporting Saturday.....What a Soccer Game!

We did it all. I took Shane to Taekwando first.


It was a sparring day.


Those are always good for getting some energy out.



I couldn't help, but laugh. Shane somehow got his belt stuck in his nut cup. One end was sticking out like a tail!


We went home to change and rest before soccer at 1:40 PM.


It was picture day. Sorry, cameraman. I took this picture and I'm not paying for yours.


Here's everyone getting ready for a team picture.


I don't have a team picture, because Coach Meyer motioned for me to join everyone.


It was an AMAZING game. The teams were very evenly match.


Blue scored first: 1-0.

We retaliated: 1-1.

They went up to 2-1 and then Quint got a pair of goals off their goalie not waiting to roll the ball out for us to take the lead at 2-3. The scored again to tie up the game before we scored a final goal.

Final score: Purple Narwhals 4 - Blue 3!

I have never been THAT excited watching one of Shane's soccer games. It was tense! Very well played, boys!


Shane did fairly well. He needs to cut the jabber. I heard him tell one kid on the other team, "Your breath stinks!" He has a tendency to space out, but, fortunately, Coach Meyer's wife was on the opposite sideline and noticed if she yelled, "Shane do ____" then he'd respond! I try not to yell too much, but Shane does benefit from being missions and directives.

We left the field to directly go to Greenleaf Park to meet Sam and Toby!


Sam's soccer crazy and brought his ball. I was (pleasantly) surprised when Shane agreed to play some soccer! I thought he'd have been soccered out and he prefers to wing it on play dates.


Which they did. The boys wanted to build a rock wall after Sam's dad nixed picking berries from bushes.


We eventually made it back to the playground. A group of kids were playing a gun game. Shane and Sam grabbed sticks to join in. I was much happier when the gun game ended and there was a group on the merry-go-round.


I didn't want to take a picture and jinx it at first.


There was some sort of narrative going on at the end. Shane was calling out things like, "The boat crashed! Jump!"


Shane wanted to climb a tree one last time as we headed out. The boys partied for a couple of hours.


I stuck to the shade, but I got a slight burn by the end of it. I was really happy with how the day went! Lots of activity and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment