Thursday, October 25, 2018

Operation Day

I took a sick day from school to drive Carrie to the hospital Thursday. Carrie's had something nagging at her for a while and we decided it was time to deal with it. We dropped Shane off at school and reported in at 8 AM.


Ironically, one of my student's parents was there. He was missing school for an ACL surgery. I heard him shuddering and groaning as he came back from under anesthesia and poked my head out. Part of me wanted to walk over and say, "Do you need help with Geometry?" That seemed a little too cruel and surreal....., but, boy, was it tempting! I talked to his mom some when I was kicked out to wait for Carrie to return from her operation.

I didn't have to wait too long. Carrie was in a recovery room under a heated, plastic-wrap waiting for me.


Sprawlopolis came in handy for entertaining myself.


We spent about four hours total at the hospital.


We got ChicFilA on the way home to celebrate. Hopefully, it will be a quick recovery time. Carrie seems like she's doing well already.

No comments:

Post a Comment