Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Things are Shaping Up

Work is in full swing for me. There was an in-service day where parking ran out. I wasn't late, but I was still on the grass with a small hike back to where I needed to be.


I caused some consternation by having 20 seats in my room that were supposed to fit a class of 28 kids. The counselors compromised and I ended up with 24 chairs and 24 kids.


I had started off with brand new furniture, but needed to swap it out for the older, but more compact model. I worked up a good sweat that morning.


I don't have a solution for my projector unfortunately. I was spoiled by having a SMARTBoard at LMA.


There's nothing I can do to move the projector back and increase the projection size, either. I tried to see if I could turn it around and project on the far wall, but the plug won't allow it.


Shane's going to be spending the week at TKD Camp. He's been looking forward to it! He said that none of his usual friends are there, unfortunately (Supposedly, the kids told him one he remember from last year passed away? I want an adult to confirm that one).


He said some of the kids were rude to him, but he seemed happy overall. I've been leaving for work early, dropping him off, and then staying late after work to pick him up. I picked Shane up at 5 PM the first day (my work ends at 4 PM) and he wanted me to try for 5:40 PM every day thereafter (really, he wanted 6 PM and I said, "No").

We're a lot closer to the new house being 'home.' We've got the whole family, cats, work, and school on the horizon.


I'm looking forward to meeting my new students next week. There's no need to rush it, but I don't want to slow down time either. 

For now, here's a picture of a pretty moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment