Tuesday, August 6, 2019

New Teacher Academy Week

I'm not the only new teacher in the county this year.


Tuesday kicked off full time work again for me. I'm not paid anything extra for it, but I have four days of inservice and acclimation to my new world.

The good news: Everything was really well organized. Some of the trainings were spot on with good presenters.

The bad news: Summer is officially ending! The drive is in great, but once the heat hits the drive home is less stellar without ac.

Shane stayed home with Carrie to drive her crazy. He and I started to put together his new loft bed while she was out mowing Wednesday night.


He was keen on helping until he realized he had to do more than one screw. I didn't let him escape and with some encouragement (and some gruff) Shane hung around and did a good job.


Everything took twice as long by involving him, but kids need to learn how to do this sort of thing.


Plus, I think he'll find it rewarding knowing he helped put his bed together.


Thursday, I got my first look at my new classroom.


It's a smaller classroom. The furniture all looks new and rolly. 


I started to spin one of the desks in circles and envisioned a running start to surf down the hallway.


If I thought it, I know that some students are going to have the same idea! I'm going to need to keep the brakes on everything.

Someone named Mason discovered my classroom before me.


Either he loves goats or needs a lesson in spelling + etiquette.

By Friday, I rolled out a sample layout. Meetings filled most of the week and my downtime was used for processing and learning the lay of the land more than making any final decisions. There will still be another week of inservices and meetings before the kids arrive.


Carrie and Shane finished his bed while I was at work one day.


He's pretty happy about it.


I'm not sure what they did the other days. Carrie sent me this pic. Make of it what you will.



No comments:

Post a Comment