Monday, August 26, 2019

Math and Life

I try to make my math class applicable to life....even if it's mainly my life. I took a picture of the fence and required the kids to label which parts should be parallel to the ground and which should be perpendicular.


I did not have them comment on the sad state of the actual fence.

I'm grading and looking through a lot more papers than I used to. I dropped some papers in front of Loki for a picture op.


He tried to eat someone's homework.


I showed the pictures in class. "If you're the lucky winner, there will be bite marks in the upper corner of your paper."

"I don't have more pictures, because I had to drop the phone and get the paper back."

I made sure to write comments on everyone's paper to establish that I do read what they write. I got snarky on some, and if the kids showed a little personality on theirs...


...then I played right along. 


I wanted to write, "You have low standards," but decided against sarcasm. 

I showed Carrie the picture I took, and she was insistent I needed to find the paper and add a comma.

I replied that I was math teacher, not an English teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment