Saturday, August 7, 2021

Busy-ish

Shane's most important chore is cleaning cat litter.


It's not because he does a phenomenal job. It's because I don't want to do it.


At least I don't have to mow anymore. Carrie has claimed all yard duties.


Except weeding. She shares that one.

We haven't been super ambitious while Shane's been out of town, but we have taken care of some stuff. Cleaning is ever present. I worked on dishes and laundry this week. Carrie pointed out some weird smudges on the walls near Shane's computer.


I honestly have no idea what they are.


It's probably safe to blame Shane. I'm more curious as to what they are than motivated to fix it. The bathroom sink is a higher priority...when I get around to it (I'll spare you a picture, but something is growing....yuck!).

Carrie's special project this week was the gate (again!).


The original installers clamped down too hard and warped the gate.


Over time, it's bent and it hasn't been opening correctly.


Carrie did a quick-fix, but we  may have to replace it with something lighter in the future.


It's a good example of how something simple turns out to be anything but.

We cleaned up most of the mess from the microburst, but got a surprise when we opened the trailer.


The winds and rain plastered mess to the ceiling.


We discovered it Friday morning when Carrie and Barbara went on a trail ride.


Carrie wants to get back to working Lily and get her used to going off property.


It gave me a chance to work on some blogging and writing while the house was quiet.

If we had more ambition and energy, there's more we could be doing. I'm hoping/expecting more of my drive to come back once school starts, so I'm not in a hurry to light any fires. Shane's loving life with the fam in SC. He'll be back before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment