Friday, August 27, 2021

One Last NOVA Run...

The Saturday before classes started, I made one last trip up to NOVA. I went alone. Carrie and Shane went to a birthday party at Sarah's house (More on that on a future post about another birthday!).

My first stop was to check in on John. He's still not doing well. He doesn't return calls or texts, so unless I hunt him down and trap him at work I'm unlikely to see him.

If he lived closer, I could risk driving over randomly to see if I could catch him at home. However, 2.5 hours (plus any traffic) is too far to risk missing him and having to return home. Please keep him in your prayers.

I had another reason to drive up this time, though.

The Jeffers were celebrating Ben's birthday! Hooray for Spider-Ben!

Bill and Jill drove in from NJ. Bill had hoped I'd entice John to visit, as well, but he "went home to do more paperwork." 

I stayed for several hours talking and hanging out. The Jeffers are a personal example of how it can be sad to drift away by not staying in touch.

They're also a good example of  it's great to get back in touch with people you haven't seen in a long while!


I enjoyed crashing the party. I was the only non-Jeffers in attendance. Dan and Shar didn't fly in from Las Vegas so I didn't get a chance to see them, but I ate a burger or two in their stead. 

With school starting, I won't visit NOVA again for a while. Being in school and around students all day will make me a higher risk for germs, so I don't plan to travel much. Besides, school, family, and the barn consume nearly all of my time and energy. I haven't seen Marcus, Bill, or Dan online since Spring when I last played some online games with them and Briggs.

I'm glad I took the chance and drove even if it was solo. Carrie said Shane loved the party, but she was "social-ed out!" (They had a small pool which the kids played in and that put her on edge the whole time, but she let Shane play!).

No comments:

Post a Comment