Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Carrie's Trip - Nordic Fun!

Carrie left me.

Not forever. Just to go off and party with her horse friends on a cruise ship. In Denmark.

Carrie and Gay were flight and ship buddies. Barbara brought along her husband, Craig, as her buddy.

The cruise left port in Copenhagen. I

They arrived early and Carrie had this to say about Gay, "She can walk all day!"


They walked everywhere and Carrie took pictures. They even walked some places they weren't supposed to get into, but horse girls find horses!


Carrie posted a lot of pictures on Facebook. 


I just grabbed some to chronicle what happened here.


But if you want the full story, Carrie is the best one to ask! You can even ask her about going on a cruise yourself since she's a travel agent, heh.


The biggest fear with traveling was COVID. Carrie had to test to fly and to get on the cruise ship. She made sure to wear her mask all over until she was safely where she needed to be.


She relaxed a little after that. You can't see her mask in the next picture...., but that's probably because she's a speck in the distance after climbing a sand dune. 

A wandering dune! 

The dune travels 15 meters a year! It will eventually crawl all the way to a road....eventually. The tour guide said they'd worry about it in 100 years when it got there. Carrie was the only one in the tour group to take the challenge to climb it. 


The group enjoyed many shows on the cruise. They went to one show twice. 


Carrie had a theory. 

She wanted to see if who the performers pulled from the audience happened to be tied to a certain seat. She raced to claim that seat after dinner one night and.....she was right.


Carrie was on ice!


She said that a man had sat down before her and she almost missed out on it!


She said it was probably better for the man unless he wanted to have a guy on skates serenade him (Should I be worried about ice skaters wooing my wife?). 


There were lots of activities on the ship.


Everyone in the family has gotten to rock climb lately, but me!


Though Carrie was at least thinking of me when she had Gay pose outside of a games store in Copenhagen.


I can't tell you what this sign says, but I can tell you that picture is a fish.


The man in the wine bottle looks like part of the group. Did they turn him that way on purpose?


Either Barbara told a joke right before this picture was taken or Gay was contemplating taking over the world.


Carrie sent me excited texts saying she had a hobbit for a tour guide at one castle!


I got a phone call one night where Carrie told me she bought a reindeer. My first thought was she was talking about buying a share on some reindeer farm, but she insisted I was wrong. 

"A stuffed animal?" I asked. 

"Nope!" she replied. "You'll find out when I bring her home!"


Fast-forward to the future: It was a real reindeer.....fur.  Carrie haggled and bought one randomly she'd been sitting on at a port terminal. She's named the reindeer Ingrid. 

Ingrid is less camera shy than Carrie in this picture. 


But back to the cruise ship. Carrie must've been thinking about me again, because she took a picture next to some men in kilts. She'd brought some flair to represent herself.


My wife is gorgeous!


She enjoys the occasional formal night. 


And the occasional trampoline while carrying coffee?


The trampoline part I get. It's whatever is in her hand I'm unsure about.

I would have had the same reaction to a random climbing structure.


Climb!


To the top!


And yes, I'd take pictures, too!


Carrie sent this text for Shane. She claimed she found a Pokémon "in the wild."


This text could have been for Shane to read some kana.


But it was also to share with me all the great food Carrie got to have.


I'd get the occasional late night text when Carrie was having insomnia.


She let me know if there was a secret tunnel or trouble with tribbles.


I even got a 2 AM phone call one time about a boarder's horse question that Carrie was worried about (which was handled, but someone the boarder's question was delayed and Carrie didn't hear about it until it was her morning and my middle of the night!).

Somehow, horse people find horses wherever they go. Carrie likes the Nordic varieties.


The most important text I got from Carrie was her Negative COVID test to allow her to fly home.


Which turned into a whole thing at the airport with SAS saying they didn't accept the same tests as the US Government? It was weird. There was a possible sight from the past and it ended up being a much more dramatic road home than anticipated.


But everyone got on the plane and caught favorable winds!

Carrie enjoyed the trip, but she's said she never plans to travel that long without me again! She said she'd never lead another tour group again after Scotland, though. Three of her friends is not a large group, but it's still a group!

Still, I'd prefer if she took me....and Shane.....and maybe a friend.....or some family.

Whatever, we just don't want to be left behind. We're glad she made it back safely!

1 comment:

  1. You're correct, your wife is gorgeous! I'm so glad you got to have this adventure. I am impressed with her rock wall climbing and climbing that web structure!

    ReplyDelete