Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Middle School Orientation

Tuesday was Shane's middle school orientation. I was the most excited about it. Carrie debated going and Shane had forgotten it existed! What I wanted to see was the school itself. I wanted to walk the halls, look at classrooms, and let Shane talk to some kids.


What we got was a PowerPoint presentation. It was lots of business items and not exciting.


There were still things I was interested in, but it wasn't great material for keeping Shane quiet and, therefore, Carrie's nerves calm. We sat/stood at the tables on the backwall to avoid the crowd. Shane kept starting "Look at me!" behaviors while Carrie vetoed them.


When we finally got to start the hall tours, Carrie had already hit her threshold. We were the first tour group out, but the guide stopped us right outside the Cafeteria. Every other group then walked between us while we stood there. It was loud, crowded, and Carrie was ready to jump out of her skin. When we started to walk, Carrie said the people behind her kept kicking her heels. "I'm done!" She said. "I'm done. I'm done. I'm done!"

We were done. 

Shane was upset, because he'd heard there was ice cream at the end of the tour (and that was the only reason he saw for being there!). Carrie said we'd get ice cream in town to mollify him and then suggested we get Shane a haircut to appease me.

Sadly, the Hair Cuttery wasn't open. Wegman's was.


We bought snacks and ice cream. Shane asked for Mango Pops, because they're safe from Carrie! I saw something new on clearance I decided to try. 


In the end, we learned a little bit more about Shane's middle school. There's an orientation at the beginning of next school year. It will probably retread material, so Carrie can stay home for that one. 

1 comment:

  1. I used to get the Horchata drink at Cafe Rio on Taco Tuesdays in Burke! I love that flavor! You have gotten so brave in trying new things! Way to go, Mike!

    ReplyDelete