Thursday, June 2, 2022

Mowing along

There's never a dull moment around here. Carrie mowed some Wednesday and said she ran over something that cut her session short. "Not a bunny I hope?"

We take the mower to get serviced and it's blades sharpened every year, so Carrie and I loaded it onto the trailer Thursday morning.


She was all over the place and lost her keys. I ran down to the barn to get the spares while she was panicking and then found her set on the trailer.


Everything was fixed by the time I got home. Carrie went by one of her favorite coffee places (Joe Beans) while the mower was being worked on and that was that.

The technicians said they found some sort of cloth entangled in the blades. I'm pretty sure I found the culprit by the barn. Looked like a saddle pad.

It's funny to note that I have not mowed the lawn one since we moved in three years ago. Nor have I driven the truck while the trailer is attached. It's always Carrie. I have driven the truck and mower, but that's not my role in the family. Mainly, I've used the mower to cart and spread poop. I changed the oil a couple of times until we discovered it was more effective (and a good price) to just have it done when the blades were being sharpened.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great that Carrie mows the lawn and drives the truck while the trailer is attached. Pop was always afraid for me to do anything like that because he said I'd probably forget to pay attention and get injured. He's probably correct. I cut my right index finger 2 weeks ago with a sarated knife and then cut my left index finger at the Volunteer Appreciation Dinner at church last week. Aparently talking and cutting is risky behavior when coupled with ADD. Fortunately neither cut was too bad and we always have lots of bandaids, liquid bandage and neosporin.
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete