Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Keeping My License (Summer)

My teaching license needed to be renewed this year. I took a CPR course years ago (Marcell was even there!), but I couldn't find the certificate anywhere online or elsewhere. The person who ran the course didn't respond to my emails, so I signed up to take it again.

Carrie was working, so I dropped by to surprise her on my way over!


I'd warned Shane ahead of time, so he was eager to get home and play as much Roblox as he could before Carrie got home too!

The CPR/AED course was at Center 1, but not in the same place as the classrooms. I had to walk through the back commercial area to find it (which I happened to know from Mark's brewery!).


I made it just in time and got down to business.


I had a coupon from Teacher Appreciation week that I used for dinner on the way home! 


Carrie texted me and asked me to pick up the sale poster for Lilly from Staples. It was on the way and I ate as I drove. I love it when a plan comes together!


Basically, to keep my license I have to prove I'm actively working to learn and do useful things. Now that's it's renewed for the next 10 years, I'll start to earn points for the next renewal (which I will need, because I have 13 years left before I hit 30 years of service). Only we'll start next year with ALICE training, so maybe the county will decide that is more important. 

I finished up all the paperwork, got it signed by the principal, and shipped it off to HR to ship off to the state. 

Now, I just have to survive this year's batch of kids! One step at a time....one step at a time...


This looks like a job for: Caffeine!

I really don't know why I took this picture. I do like that the cup says, "Be creative and make cool stuff," and the tab says "Just tea!"

No comments:

Post a Comment