Wednesday, May 31, 2023

New Youth Group Leader (Summer)

For my birthday, Carrie made a giant frosted brownie-cake! The frosting was mint.

I'm a fan of the classics and normally don't want frosting on brownies, but Carrie was determined to do something special! I loved the card she made for her "scruffy nerf herder," too.

We went as a family to Youth Group to further celebrate (Hooray for Christian childca...er, COMMUNITY!). Carrie and I watched Shane outside and talked to Andrew for a little bit.


Today's Youth Group was an introduction for the church's new Youth Pastor, Matt. There were a lot of parents and kids, so Carrie hung out in the car when Shane and I went in. Shane sat all the way up front and I dropped in behind him.


There was a chat with the whole group and then we broke off into kids and parents to finish the night.


Carrie was starving, so we grabbed Bojangles on the way home! I haven't been there in years. Shane wanted ketchup, so I said, "Go in and get it."

"Alone?"

"Yes! Go!"

They grow up so fast....or maybe that's my mid-life crisis kicking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment