Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Visit to Harrisonburg

Shane and I visited Uncle Patrick at a Chic-Fil-A in Harrisonburg. I don't know who was more excited to see who.


We stayed and played for almost two hours. There was a steady stream of kids passing through. It kept Shane entertained and allowed Patrick and I to catch up some.

After Chick-Fil-A, we walked off the french fries. We went to a PetSmart first (Shane spotted the sign. He can't read, but he knows what the signs of the stores he likes look like!).

Patrick said, "Don't do what I'm about to do..." and pulled out a hermit crab for Shane to look at.


Shane returned the favor. He showed Patrick what not to do with cat toys.


At least, I think that's what Patrick took away from it. Shane thought it was a brilliant and fun thing to do. The intention was not quite the same.


Shane blew on the frogs and tried to grab a hermit crab later, too. I don't think anyone in my family has ever heeded, "Don't do what I'm about to do." To us, it translates to "This will be a lot of fun," with an implied "it won't be my fault if you copy me."

Shane and Patrick had fun, though. They looked at reptiles and a pet a puppy (which peed all over the floor).


We went by a Dollar Tree and a bagel shop next. Shane's $1 snake shook out a lot of salt (maybe even a dollar's worth).


It also wanted to inspect drains and the street when we headed back to our cars.


Anything to stall the approaching nap time. Shane was 0 for 3 on naps since Monday.

Thankfully, the visit with Patrick wore him out and the interstate sealed the deal. Hallelujah!

It wasn't long before he was home and awake again, but I enjoyed the quiet drive. Max liked the snake.


It was an easy drive, so Shane and I will have to do it again. It was great to see Patrick.

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I are so very happy and surprised that you and Shane went to visit Patrick! We are so proud of you, Mike. You are an amazing son, brother and father!
    Love,
    Nana and Pop

    ReplyDelete