Wednesday, July 1, 2015

On Walkabout

Nice weather, so Shane and I explored. I told him we were going to the mailbox to get him out the door. We just kept going.

That was okay with Shane, though. I pointed out a wall.


We walked a mile total. Shane walked across the top of every wall and yelled "Hello" to everyone he saw. He has no fear. It puts me to shame. I hesitate and think "What do I say? Would it bother them?" Shane has no inhibitions. He smiles and puts himself out there. People respond in kind. We met Brenda, Frank, and Katarina on one street corner. I talked to Brenda and Frank while Shane climbed their tree, rode Katarina's scooter, and ran around back to greet their dog.


We saw a deer on the way home, too. I had to restrain Shane from charging after it. There were several houses with back yards he wanted to explore.


It would have been a 1.2 mile trip all said and done, but Mommy honked at us. Shane tried to race the car. Carrie laughed and paced him at first. When it became apparent he couldn't win, Shane yelled "STOOOOOP!" Then we rode the rest of the way.

By this time next year, I figure Shane and I will know a hundred people. I like to walk about and he likes to greet them all.

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing Shane is to all! I'm so proud of him for being so brave and friendly! God must have made him that way. What interesting people you will meet as a result. Thanks for the blogs -- it does our hearts good!
    Love,
    Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing Shane is to all! I'm so proud of him for being so brave and friendly! God must have made him that way. What interesting people you will meet as a result. Thanks for the blogs -- it does our hearts good!
    Love,
    Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute that he's so friendly!

    ReplyDelete