Monday, July 20, 2015

Back to the Usual

Monday arrived. Shane went to day-care. Carrie went to work. I did random chores and farted around on the internet instead of writing.

However, there was one chore I waited to do until Shane was home. The only Walgreen's in town isn't in town. It's a ways north.

And right next to the airport. 


Parking was free for 30 minutes, so Shane and I went to explore. We got to watch a plane take-off right after we arrived. Shane demanded we hop on the next.


The baggage carousel almost made him forget about it.


He ran back and forth.


And back and forth...


Shane was the entertainment for the evening. A couple employees offered to help me find my luggage. Shane was the only baggage I needed to drag out, though!

He was NOT happy to leave. Shane did not understand why he couldn't get on an airplane. I had to half drag him to the car.  He even scowled by the traxi traffic light (and who wouldn't that cheer up?).


Shane whimpered and fake-cried in the car. We didn't turn around and we didn't go on an airplane. I wasn't very sympathetic.

We did stop by the "John store (aka Game Store) on the way home. I picked up a few card protectors from my LOTR cards. Service was slow. Shane entertained himself and raised my blood pressure by stacking lots and lots of dice. Dice of all shapes and sizes. Dice that were teeny tiny and collected in flimsy boxes. Dice that were large and cost as much as a burrito...you get the picture.


I set a limit on how tall things could go, but didn't stop him. It kept him close by. I caught the one near-spill in the nick of time. I bet we get faster service next time!

Another errand turned into an opportunity for exploration. The usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment