Monday, July 18, 2016

Beach Week: The Trip!

6 AM Shane's song awoke me from my slumber. The 7 AM rule was still in effect.

Not that it let me get back to sleep.


I had contemplated leaving on Sunday. Carrie felt sick and I wasn't sure what would be more comforting: Our presence or the silence in our wake.

I knew it'd be an early morning when Shane sang/bounced himself to sleep.

I didn't know we'd get a low tire pressure warning after 25 minutes on the road.


Or that it was from a nail.


Was the nail new? Or was this an old leak? At what rate would the tire deflate at? 50 miles? 100? 

And why now?

Dramatic effect, perhaps. Shane and I chanced it. We got air at Wawa and bought breakfast. Then, we hit the road!

Five hours later, we ended up with these trouble-makers.


Beach week had begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment