Friday, July 1, 2016

Picnic

We had our first family picnic!


We didn't have to go far, either. We met Jenny and her dogs, Calvin and Berry, at the barn.


Jenny supplied the Finding Nemo blanket.


Carrie picked up sandwich fixings after work. Everyone ate well...


...but I think I need to talk to Shane about sharing.


The funniest moment was when Shane ate after the dogs.

Actually, there were a lot of funny moments.


Shane was a snert about "Sandwichs!? Yuck!" at first. He dropped to the ground and pretended he couldn't get up. I will neither confirm or deny that I'm the one who dropped ice down his pants. Shane bolted up, ran around, and worked up an appetite, so it worked out well.

His hugs were a little too high energy, though.


Shane and the dogs entertained each other.


I don't think Shane drank after the dogs....at least not that I saw (Maybe they're all drool bothers).


What's a trip to the barn without coming back dirty? Shane dove in the rock pile while the adults cleaned up. Calvin wanted Shane to throw the ball. The ball, however, kept being buried under rock slides.


TL;DR: 5/5 stars - Shane likes picnics, Carrie and Jenny like to talk horses, and I would laugh if someone dropped ice in Shane's pants again.

No comments:

Post a Comment