Monday, July 11, 2016

Vacation Bible School 2016

Shane's old enough for Vacation Bible School now! I found one online that worked with our schedule.

We've been impressed.


VBS at First Baptist is M-F 9-12. Shane wasn't thrilled after the first day. "It's too long." My standard response is "It takes more than one day to make good friends" and/or "Tell me what you liked."

Pickup Wednesday was a turning point. "Daddy! Daddy! The music teacher guy said he has a surprise for us tomorrow!"


It couldn't have been at a better time, either. I had a work meeting on Tuesday and no child care. I signed up for VBS and only later realized how perfect the schedule worked out (Thanks, God!). I was able to get my allergy shot on Monday without Shane bored and bouncing around, too. Dishes from Sunday's get together? Done.


It's been a blessing. First Baptist's VBS will be remembered when next summer comes around.

UPDATE:

Shane was sad to see VBS end. He was thrilled to show me the giant beach ball the big kids played with. "It's bigger than a car!" I didn't believe him.


He was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment