Friday, July 15, 2016

Plumb Trouble

My jury-rig worked long enough. I talked to some plumbers while Shane was at VBS. They didn't come out until after he was home, but Shane didn't mind. He got to watch TV and play Lego The Hobbit.

That left me free to talk.


I thought the fix for our loose faucets was clever. They builders failed to clamp/secure the pipe. To avoid cutting drywall, the plumbers (Will and _____) pulled the pipe forward and put a shim behind it. Then they screwed the faucet back on a little tighter to maintain tension.


It was a short (and thankfully cheap) visit. Will got sick and disappeared after he fixed the basement seal. Both men had spent all day in the heat of an attic installing an HVAC, and it hit him after walking and back out to the van. He spent the rest of the time in the van with a drink and the AC cranked.

Odd ending, but if the fixes stick I'd call again.

No comments:

Post a Comment