Saturday, March 31, 2018

Road Trip Day - Spring Break 2018

We didn't leave first thing in the morning. Carrie wanted time to go to the barn and check on all of her ponies. She needed to drive by Jenny's and deliver funds from a saddle she'd helped Jenny sell, too.

So Shane and I packed and went to TKD. 


Eventually, Carrie got home. We started to pack the cats in the car. Max didn't seem happy, but she wasn't shell shocked. She mewed and poked around.


Bucket freaked.


She started mewing and I noticed a wet spot when she climbed out of the chair Carrie deposited her in.


She climbed up on the dashboard and peed again.


At that point, I (the cat allergic guy) had Max in my lap and Bucket peeing on the dash in front of me. Bucket then fell off the dash, clung to an air vent, and peed on the floor at my feet. Carrie had gone inside to get something she'd forgotten. I didn't want to open the door and have both cats bolt in different directions when Shane was my only help. I moved sandals, books, and whatever I could out of the yellow pools.

Carrie came back outside and grabbed Bucket from my feet. She threw Bucket into the litter box at the back as we grabbed paper towels and Resolve for damage control. Bucket crawled out of the litter box and peed on a suitcase while we worked. Then she jumped into the middle of the car and peed on a pillow.

That's when we abandoned bringing the cats. Carrie threw away the pillow and we herded the cats back inside. Bucket didn't want to move from under the car and Max wanted to explore the neighborhood.

We left much later than anticipated. It was about 2:35 PM.

Last year, I restricted the cats' food and water the night before. This year, I didn't since I didn't know when we'd be leaving. That could have been the deciding factor or maybe the 'terror' of the trip and Indy Anna was what triggered Bucket's paranoia.

We left the cats with lots of food and water and clean litter, but we'll have to head back a little early 'just in case' now.

I played Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on my phone as Carrie drove. Shane took a nap partway.


That's one way to contain and conserve your excitement. He had trouble going to sleep when we got there!

We made it to Nana and Pop's at 8:24 PM. We talked and played for a little before Shane went to his room. The trip was done and the real fun could begin in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment