Sunday, March 4, 2018

Wrestling End of Year Party (Jump! Take Two!)

Saturday, I texted Sam's dad. "You forgot Sam's booster seat."

Sunday, they texted back. "Rats! When can we come get it?"

"Any time before or after the wrestling party at 3. You could even pick it up at the party if Sam wants to jump!"

Sam's dad was in the neighborhood and swung by. He drove home and then texted back. "Now Sam really wants to go to Jump with Shane again!"

"Sure. Drop him off before 2:20 if you want me to drive him.....and bring the booster seat."

Sam showed up at 2:00 PM. Both the boys are pokefanatics. They read a Pokemon manga together in the hallway until I kicked them out the door. We needed to give a wrestler a ride (Who also got to be introduced to Hank the Cowdog!).


We arrived early so that I could get the wrestlers all checked in. Then everyone ran their separate ways.

Which for almost all the wrestlers and Sam meant the dodgeball room.


Shane hit the Ninja Warrior course. A couple of wrestlers joined him.


Eventually, Sam came out looking for him. He tried the course then, too.


"I don't climb a lot, so I'm not good at climbing," Sam said.

"Only way to get better at something is to do it," I replied. "Mistakes are on the road to learning."


The attendant left and I pushed the kids back to the trampoline area before the video games mesmerized them.


Sam went back into the dodgeball arena. Shane poked his head in for a few minutes and then left to ROLL around the trampolines.


I was going to give a small speech at the end, but it was too hectic. We ate donuts instead (generously provided by a parent!). Shane somehow begged someone for a buck in tokens while I was preoccupied. He blew it in 10 seconds on a crane game, too.


When we got home, I told Shane and Sam they had to play outside for a little before going in. They complained, but eventually decided to do some soccer.

'Some' was the operative word. Sam was more willing. Shane wanted to switch it into hockey after a short bit. I let them fish the ball out from under a car on their own (it promotes creative problem solving).


Kids entertained. Party accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment