Sunday, December 2, 2018

An Old Friend New?

I've been hoping this would happen: Shane and Dylan met up again.


It was bad the way things ended so long ago. Carrie and I wanted an apology and Dylan refused to apologize. Shane and I talked about forgiveness and that we would bear no grudge, but requiring Dylan to make an apology was a fitting consequence.


It's been almost a year, but it happened! Dylan's family has been through a few things which played into all of it.


The boys all remembered each other and had a lot of fun.


Turns out Dylan also likes Minecraft! I was thankful the boys spent most of their time running around rather than in the tablet. Neither John or I had to encourage them to run either. Most of the time, we were keeping up with Eli (Who's very good at monkey bars and conned John into a Lego-set).


I don't know how often we'll get together with Dylan since it's wrestling season, but I wanted them to meet again for both of their sakes. It's better to learn to forgive, apologize, and work through issues than to cut someone off you've invested your time in (assuming there's nothing truly reprehensible going on - and there wasn't here).

No comments:

Post a Comment