Sunday, December 23, 2018

To Grandmother's House We Go!

The Christmas trip has begun! We met up with Grandma in Ashland, though.


She and Carrie went off an experimental equine excursion.


Meanwhile, Shane and I continued on. I got to talk to him about bathroom etiquette instead.


It ended up being an odd night. Carrie walked up to me and said, "I need you to take me to the Rite Aid." That evolved into, "I need you to take me to an urgent care," and "I need you to take me to get my prescription." Carrie was upset that she's 2 for 2 on getting sick the past two Christmases, but I got her a frosty from Wendy's to help ease the pain (Well, I swapped out the toy in my kid's meal for one and told her everyone would think she was the one ordering a kid's meal!)

Shane went with us to Rite Aid. I showed him why I thought the lottery was a waste of money to kill a few minutes. I don't know if they lesson stuck. He was happily playing Monopoly: Naval Edition with Grandpa and Grandma when we got home!


Maybe not the most auspicious start to the holiday, but we're all together! I had Wawa for lunch, Carrie got a frosty, and Shane got to play Monopoly with his grandparents. Everyone got something.

No comments:

Post a Comment