Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas 2018

Merry Christmas! Jesus is born!

The package we delayed leaving on vacation for? Christmas clothes for Carrie and I (Shane has some....that he tries to wear mid-summer).


Carrie picked up a faux-sweater with dinosaurs for me and a nice dress for herself (which conveniently traps warm air when standing over heat vents).


Presents were opened with gusto.



"For me?"


"What the...?"


Insert compost aerator and some bad jokes and you get a face like this: "Gah!"


Poop is something to look forward to with a horse farm!

There were two surprise hits from Grandpa and Grandma. The first was a remote controlled car that can stick to walls.


Grandpa found it while doing holiday research. We'll come back to that one later.


What I thought was the most creative gift was a recorder! Shane loves music and making noise. Carrie and I have talked about starting music lessons, but have not so far.


We may no longer have a choice!


What a wonderful gift idea!


Grandma and Grandpa go the extra mile with writing hints and personal messages on all of their exquisitely wrapped presents.


There's a story and meaning behind every present....even when Grandma throws all of Grandpa's hats in a bin to give them back to him!


I didn't wrap squat. I hid the presents from us and my side of the family under our bed upstairs. I had a gift bag I was thinking about dropping some in, but Shane pulled the strings out of it. Shane went bonkers over his first round of presents and I didn't pull out round 2 until he cooled. That meant he got to extend the excitement and go bonkers in the morning and the afternoon rather than overdosing once.

We played a round of "Sea Battle" and I let Shane win.


Uncle Chris, Aunt Rachel, and the kids (Sophia, Nathan, and Noah) called to say Merry Christmas before they went to bed.


They're currently in Singapore, so there's a big time difference.


Grandpa put batteries in the remote control car later on.


It worked exactly as advertised!


Shane found the biggest wall in the house to use as a raceway!


I'd thought that Grandma would be worried about her walls, but the gift was too cool to worry about that sort of thing with!

I have a great picture of everyone looking up, but the sun hits Carrie's face perfectly and she's a blur. That picture doesn't past muster for posting. It'll have to stay in my private collection.

The Mythbusters were on in the background whenever the TV was on. Christmas was the perfect time for a 'Merrython.' Science, explosions, and humor? Prefect family viewing! (I suddenly have a strong urge to buy duct tape...)


It was a fantastic and fun Christmas. We have been so blessed.

We were apart this year, but everyone on my side of the family kept in contact over our phones. Those of us with kids shared pictures.
I sent Nana a picture of Shane and his gifts from them and Jama.


Megan and Wolfie looked happy.


B got a hat the other boys are all going to love.


Here's a picture of both Bs on the couch.


This picture must have been from when Kathleen, Stu, and crew drove through on their way to Maryland.


Stu's family gather in MD every year on Christmas.


Kathleen shared pictures of their kids playing with their cousins for Christmas.


It looks like Evelyn and Tenley shared a room.


I recognize some of Kathleen's in-laws, but I can't name the kids.


Still, it looks like a lot of fun!


Christmas is a great time to be with family!


Try not to look too enthused, Cole.


Matt and Renee drove to SC this year. I would have loved to have been in SC at the same time, but the reason they drove down was so that they could travel with Nana and Pop to Urbana in St. Louis. Urbana is a work conference they have to go to every few years. Nana and Pop are going to babysit for them while they're there.


Aiden really likes Indy.


And here's a picture of my progenitors. I missed visiting them in South Carolina, but they had Matt, Renee, Aiden, and Aunt Dot. 


Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment