Monday, November 25, 2019

Amongst the Herd

We did everything we could to make it a peaceful introduction. Things didn't go quite as planned.

Nibs is a witchy alpha, so far. She knows Annie, but she wasn't head pony then. She decided to establish dominance quickly and aggressively in her new home field.


All of this before work.

It seemed to calm down by the end of my video, but Nibs started to kick again after I put down the camera. Nibs has herded and run Maddy around, but this is a step up in her antics. It made me miss the days when Sam kept her in line.

I stayed until after 8 AM to help with chores and the introductions, but it was up to Carrie after that.

I let my students know a little bit about my weekend adventures when I got to school. "Sorry, I'm behind on grading. I had a busy weekend," I said. "My wife was supposed to come back with one horse and brought two."

They liked seeing pictures.

I didn't get any emergency calls during the day. I did text and Carrie wrote back that Annie was running from Nibs and plowed through a line of electric fence! Carrie fixed the polywire and things had calmed down since, but our adventure with Annie was off to an interesting start!

No comments:

Post a Comment