Wednesday, November 13, 2019

PTO Night

Wednesday night, Shane's school's PTO (Parent-Teacher-Organization) held a fundraiser night at the local brewery. It was kid friendly, so Shane and I drove by after I picked him up. We grabbed a slice of pizza each and I bought a six-pack to take home as a "Thanks for hosting."

Shane mostly wandered around and tried to look at the cellphone a little girl was playing on (she ran and hid next to her mom). 


Shane's teacher, Mr. Bahn, was there and his afterschool teacher, Ms. Katie, ran a trivia game. I would have enjoyed the trivia game, but it was hard to hear and the pens I tried didn't work. Shane joined a team for a few minutes, before his attention drifted.


Some bar patrons started a game of darts and Shane wanted in.


Someone had a bad through and Shane supplied a sad trombone, "Wah, wah, wah!"

They made the mistake of laughing. Shane started to supply the sound effect after every throw!


I tried to coach Shane not to be annoying, but the guys were good sports. One of them even tried to show Shane how to throw a dart afterward.


Another kid came along and he said, "I think I started something!"


It only lasted for a minute and a throw or two, but Shane's ready to play for real next time!

We came home and Shane listened to Mom reading some Harry Potter before he got electronic time.

No comments:

Post a Comment