Friday, November 22, 2019

House and Barn Progress

Stuff is still happening. The walkway guys who bought the blue truck came to earn some of their money back. 


They framed everything out one day.


Then they came back to pour and stamp another day.


Staining was a third day if I recall correctly. It's looking good, but we haven't been able to go out of the front door for weeks. I've been taking Loki out the garage to avoid wet concrete, grass seed, and fertilizer.


I knew we needed a front walkway and grass eventually, but I would have just as soon waited a decade (Maybe I was just salty from having to open up an extra door or two to get the dog out....and he's afraid of the garage steps for some reason).

It is looking good. Carrie hung the barn signage and trimmed the posts, as well. We're official.


But wait! There's more. The pole barn people broke ground the other week.


Literally.


I would come home from work in the dark and see progress. Then I'd take a picture or two the next morning before going to work.


The posts went up over a couple of days and then sat for a while as the concrete cured.


Then one day I came home from work and, boom! More progress.


I don't think I saw the crew until most of the framing was already done.


There was plenty of proof laying around to know they were there, but it was a little odd coming home to the changes and quiet every time.


I actually met the guys when they showed up on the weekend. 


The barn should be finished before Thanksgiving....which is important. Carrie's already ordered enough hay to get us through the winter.

Have you ever spent three grand on hay? We have.

It's a crazy year for hay, too, from what I keep hearing....and, yes, I have had conversations about hay. I guess that's how you know I'm a real farmer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment