Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Aria's Pee Pot

Aria had another 'accident.' I caught her in the act. She's one step closer to the barn whether Carrie likes it or not.

I suggested another cat pot. Because Aria likes to dig wherever she can (mutter, mumble, mutter...), Carrie got standard cat litter for a more 'sand-like experience.'


Aria was curious about the new pot and even hopped in, but she didn't use it.


So we locked her in the office with food, water, and the new pot. We weren't going to let her out until she peed in her new litter box!


It took a lot longer than we thought. She spent a full day in the room crying and protesting (but mostly sleeping). Tsuki was curious about her sister's disappearance, but we held firm.


I was a little worried Aria would get creative and find somewhere other than the litter box to do her business. I checked the room several times after hours and hours of no production!


But we had success by the next morning! We told Shane not to scoop it, but to let her scent linger in there.


It seems like the new pot is working. A couple of weeks have gone by with no new accidents discovered. My fingers are crossed and a prayer is on my lips that this is the last time I write a post about Aria's bathroom habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment