Saturday, April 3, 2021

Easter 2021

It was a quiet Easter here. We had boarders come visit the barn, but other than that it was just Carrie, me, and all the animals. Loki was happy to be included with everyone in the morning.


I did my best to do as little work as possible. I wanted Easter to day of rest, worship, and celebration! I worked my butt off Saturday catching up with everything school related and taking a dent out of the house-related to make it a reality.

Meanwhile, Shane was living the wild Spring Break life in Greenville! Nana and Pop's church put on an outdoor Easter celebration.
 

Shane was looking forward to the egg hunt, but everyone was having so much fun they got distracted and missed the stat. He rushed over at the very end!


I wouldn't feel too sorry for him, though. 


From the pictures, it was clear they had a lot of fun options to be distracted with. He didn't miss out on too much! It may be a good lesson to remember to pay attention. 


I had a lot of fun looking at the pictures. I wish I could take Shane to that sort of activity here with friends, but the opportunities aren't there and Carrie's mental state isn't there.


On a side note, I think Cole had a growth spurt. It could be camera angles, but...


...he looks taller to me in the pictures.


Nana's always been good about holiday activities with kids. She makes the days feel unique. They were decorating cookies and doing all sorts of thematic things. I'm not as good at that.


The kids played out in the sprinkler under the warm spring sun.


Ka got some great pictures of everyone climbing!


I hope that the kids go hog wild outside! Some electronics are great, too, but playing in a pack, making up games is the best!


Nana and Pop took Shane to church Easter Sunday and he got to see other kids in Sunday school. That was another big reason I wanted him to go south for the holiday. He sounded overjoyed when I talked to him on the phone!

It was a totally different Easter in SC than in VA, but the same Christ is risen for all. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment