Saturday, April 10, 2021

The Haircut

Shane got a haircut in SC! Nana said he drove a hard bargain. She started bribing him clip-by-clip, but eventually offered a flat rate bribe of $10. He got her to throw in a trampoline park visit for him and the cousins before he took the deal.


Smart kid! I'm just glad it's shorter!


I got to see it in person when I picked Shane up on Sunday.


I had arrived first and was on the phone with Carrie when Pop drove the van a


Nana was not a fan of my haircut.


"I hate it!" Nana said. "Yuck! Oh, it's awful!"

I'd thought I'd hung up the phone when I turned my car off and tried to record the audio of Nana's disgust for Carrie's listening pleasure later. Only Carrie was still on the line, listening in, and laughing.

"Carrie, how could you let him? It's terrible!"


I cannot lie: I knew Nana would react. I'd looked forward to it, too! I always thought it would be cool to have long hair when I was younger. I should've asked the stylist to shave down the sides further! The ways things are, I can put on a hat and look like I would with my normal (pre-COVID) hair style.


Long hair has been an eye-opening experience. For one, it hurts to pull it back! I assume people with long hair get used to it, but I find it distracting. I prefer a bun yanking on my scalp over a pony tail, because I keep feeling the tail bounce against my head. How long does it take people to adapt to that? It makes me want to buzz the rest of it off! I don't like having to put effort in to my style either. Carrie helps me pull it back each morning. My hair is slightly too short, so she puts some product in to limit flyaways and then scolds me whenever I reach up to itch or touch anything.

We'll see how long it lasts. Carrie's a bigger fan of it than I.

It was a shorter handoff. CFA was closed, so we weren't ordering food, but my hair pulled back probably killed whatever appetite Nana would have had! We all hugged and said farewalls before hopping back on the road.


So Shane, Carrie, and I all got haircuts this break! Hers was the least change, while mine was half cleared off, and Shane nearly chopped off the whole lot of his! 

No comments:

Post a Comment